Syracuse forward Dariauna Lewis declares for WNBA draft

Arnav Pokhrel | Contributing Photographer

Dariauna Lewis looks for a pass during Syracuse's early season matchup with LeMoyne. Lewis recorded 13 double-doubles in her lone year with the Orange

Syracuse forward Dariauna Lewis has declared for the 2023 WNBA draft, she announced on Instagram Monday. Lewis had no more years of eligibility remaining.

Lewis averaged 9.8 points and 9.2 rebounds per game in her lone season with the Orange. She broke Felisha Legette-Jack’s single-season program record for total rebounds (293) in the WNIT loss to Columbia.

From Omaha, Nebraska, Lewis came to Syracuse after stints at Missouri State and Alabama A&M, where she played for one and three seasons, respectively. She led the nation in rebounds in the 2021-22 season and was named to Southwestern Athletic Conference first-team and earned SWAC Newcomer of the Year while at Alabama A&M. At Missouri State, she averaged 3.6 points and 3.3 rebounds in limited action.

This season, Lewis secured 13 double-doubles, including 16 points and 13 rebounds in the team’s loss to Columbia. She started 29 of the 33 games for the Orange. She was part of newly revamped roster that Legette-Jack brought in, including Kyra Wood and Asia Strong in the frontcourt.