SU Athletics

Carrier Dome implements cashless transactions ahead of 2021 season

The Carrier Dome has gone digital, debuting cashless transactions throughout the stadium this season.

The Carrier Dome has gone cashless.

In efforts to “modernize and streamline” concession and merchandise purchases, as well as reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Carrier Dome will debut cashless transactions this season, according to a press release from SU Athletics.

Fans will be able to utilize Apple Pay, Android Pay and Google Wallet — in addition to credit and debit cards — to purchase food, beverages, merchandise and tickets at the Carrier Dome.

Syracuse previously announced mobile ticketing for athletic events this season.

The Carrier Dome recently underwent a $118 million-dollar renovation project which included the addition of new concession stands and an expanded stadium menu. Fans can experience the new additions on Aug. 27 at the AmeriCU Fan Fest — a free event where fans can watch the SU football team practice at the Carrier Dome. Attendees will also get to hear from football head coach Dino Babers prior to the 2021 season opener in Ohio.

Vaccinated and unvaccinated fans are welcome to the Carrier Dome, but, in accordance with NYS guidelines, fans must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test prior to entry.

The Orange will host seven home games this season for the first time since 2017, with games against Clemson, Liberty, Boston College, Pitt, Rutgers, Wake Forest and UAlbany.