Men's Soccer

Syracuse to compete in North division, play 8 games during shortened season

Gavin Liddell | Staff Photographer

Though the Orange will play eight games in 2020, only six will count towards ACC standings.

Syracuse men’s soccer will play eight games as part of the Atlantic Coast Conference’s shortened scheduled for the 2020 season. Six games will count toward the ACC standings.

The Orange’s first game of the season will be held Sept. 18 against Virginia. SU’s game one week later against Navy also doesn’t count toward the final standings. When the ACC released its scheduling guidelines in July, fall Olympic sports were allowed to play the NCAA minimum of games. For men’s soccer, that was six.

The games will start when the Orange face Pittsburgh at home Oct. 3 and will continue until the ACC tournament begins Nov. 15. The North division’s top four teams will seed against the South’s top four teams in the tournament, with teams converging on a to-be-determined location that week.

Syracuse is coming off a 2019 season that ended with a loss to St. John’s in the second round of the NCAA tournament. Here is the full 2020 schedule for the Orange, which includes three home games played at SU Soccer Stadium.

Sept. 18 — Virginia (6 p.m.)

Sept. 25 — Navy (7 p.m.)

Oct. 3 — Pitt (7 p.m.)

Oct. 9 — at Notre Dame (TBA)

Oct. 16 — Louisville (7 p.m.)

Oct. 24 — at Virginia Tech (6 p.m.)

Oct. 30 — Virginia (7 p.m.)

Nov. 6 — at Pitt (7 p.m.)