Syracuse adds former WNBA star DeLisha Milton-Jones as assistant

Milton-Jones will coach as an assistant under Quentin Hillsman.

Syracuse Athletics announced on Tuesday that its women’s basketball program will add DeLisha Milton-Jones to the bench. Milton-Jones will be SU’s newest assistant coach and the team’s recruiting coordinator under head coach Quentin Hillsman.

“DeLisha is among the most decorated women’s basketball players to ever play the game,” Hillsman said in a SU Athletics press release. “She’s an amazing communicator and has head coaching experience at the Division-I level. She’s a homerun hire!”

Since 2017, Milton-Jones served as head coach at Pepperdine University. Last year, she led the Waves to their first winning season since 2010-11.

As a player, Milton-Jones won two WNBA championships during her 17-year professional career. She also won two Olympic gold medals for Team USA. Milton-Jones finished in the top-10 in WNBA history in games, points, rebounds and steals. Her playing career ended in 2016, and she joined the Pepperdine coaching staff as an assistant later that year.

“I am elated about pursing this new opportunity under a phenomenal coach and coaching staff at an outstanding institution of higher learning,” Milton-Jones said in the release. “As a young coach, it is a dream to be in a situation to better yourself from learning from the best. I know it will serve me well.”